Monday, October 6, 2014

Twitter Crazy

If I were going to use Twitter the idea of a twitterpack seems like it would be useful in that it helps in finding a group of people that have the same interests as you.  This would help narrow in the craziness that Twitter can become.  Also in the article Blogging about the Web 2.0 Connected Classroom one could find out how to use hashtags and link to lists of educactional microblogs using hashtags.  There is so much information out there about breaking into the platform of Tweeting.
                As a tip for students I would suggest that they follow some political figures, depending on the age of the class, to stay up to date on current events.  They could also follow news and microbloggers to keep them up to speed with breaking news. 
Though there is so much information on this social media I will probably not use tweeting in  the future.  I have tried to use twitter before and it does not stick.  A week is about as long as I can handle without going crazy with hashtags.  I appreciate that many people feel this is a fantastic format to come together and share ideas.  I am just not one of them.
After reading the tips on The Teacher’sGuide to Twitter I realized even more that twitter is not my platform.  Following people and having an equal following back and talking about topics that seem important to people.  I have a hard enough time keeping my everyday social circle going to start worrying about another social circle really does stress me out.  Rules- yes there are always rules to every social circle.  I cannot keep up with one more social circles set of arbitrary rules of who and how often you need to comment to be considered relevant.  I find people post ideas on many different media formats and other formats work better for me, such as Pinterest.
  

1 comment: